If you enjoy sweet fall flavors, you’ll love this blood sugar balancing recipe for Cinnamon Apples. It’s a delicious, healthy alternative to the usual sugar-glazed pastries, and it takes very little time to make. Our San Jose nutrition coaches rave about. We’re sure you will too 😉
This recipe serves 4.
2 apples, chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp ground cinnamon
⅛ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Place the chopped apples into a small saucepan with 2 tbsp water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- After about 5 minutes the apples will become slightly soft, and the water will be absorbed.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil and stir the apples and oil together. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Add cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Stir well. Cook for another few minutes, stirring until the apples reach your desired softness!
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Increase the fiber by leaving the peels on. This works even better to stabilize your blood sugar.
Live stronger for today,
The Method3 Fitness Team
Did you like this recipe? Be sure to LIKE, LEAVE A COMMENT, and SHARE it on your favorite channel!
The Method3 Fitness blog is updated weekly. All content is designed to improve the way you move, eat, and think so you can achieve your goals and live stronger for today. Check back here each week and LIKE our Fan Page, to stay up to date on the latest tips, strategies and methods to get fit, lose fat, and build confidence. Ready to get started with us? Click here for a complimentary goal strategy session!