We LOVE slow cooker recipes. This is one of our fall favorites! Around the time when everyone is going wild for pumpkin bread and pumpkin spice lattes, we’re bringing you a dish that will not only taste good. It also fits into a healthy diet!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
This recipe yields 8 servings (1 ½ cups per serving)
- 1 T. EVOO or coconut oil
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 ½ lbs extra lean ground beef or bison
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 T. tomato paste
- 1 14-oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 ½ t. dried oregano
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ t. cumin
- ½ t. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Diced avocado for garnish
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil until it starts shimmering.
- Saute the onion and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef or bison. Use a spatula or large spoon to break it up as it cooks. Cook until meat is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the pot to your slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on LOW power for 6-7 hours.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with diced avocado if desired.
Stronger for Today,
The Method3 Fitness Team
Did you like this blog? Be sure to LIKE, LEAVE A COMMENT, and SHARE it on your favorite channel! Need some ideas for quick and healthy meals? Click here to snag our e-book “10 Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes or Less.”
The Method3 Fitness blog is updated weekly. All content is designed to improve the way you move, eat, and think so you can achieve your goals and live stronger for today. Check back here each week and LIKE our Fan Page, to stay up to date on the latest tips, strategies and methods to get fit, lose fat, and build confidence. Ready to get started with us? Click here for a complimentary goal strategy session!