Need to find the perfect gift to give to a fitness loving friend or family member? Or maybe you’re looking for something to add to your own wish-list. Check out our 2018 Holiday Gift Guide, curated by our coaches to help improve the way you and your loved ones move, eat, and think.
1. Clothing & Accessories
- Gift card to their favorite fitness apparel retail – a few of our member favorites include Athleta & Lululemon. For the more budget conscious, TJMaxx, Gap, and Target all offer great low-cost selections.
- Clothing Subscription Box – Our top pick is Fabletics, but other brands with good ratings include SweatStyle, Ellie, and Wantable.
- Running waist pack – the Stashband is a great option for those who want minimal shifting and don’t care for the trademark appearance of belly bulge.
- A pair of sneakers – If your loved one works out frequently, chances are good that he or she goes through sneakers quickly. A new pair is almost always welcome. Just make sure you know their size and style. We like Merril’s lightweight and the soft, cushy, but supportive
- Fitness Tracker – We like the FitBit because it syncs with the MyFitnessPal meal tracking app, but many of our members also use the Apple Watch, which conveniently links to your phone so you can receive text messages and listen to music.
- MP3 Player – in a world where we use our phone for everything, sometimes it’s nice to disconnect. Here’s a list from TechLounge of the best MP3 Players to buy in 2018.
- Heart Rate Monitor – Polar and Garmin are among the most popular brands. They connect with free apps to send you more accurate information about your workout.
- Bluetooth Headset – Ever sent your device flying during a workout because you snagged a thumb in the headphone cable? Bluetooth headsets eliminate the issue altogether. They come in a variety of styles, from on ear or over the ear to in the ear.
- Wakeup Light & Alarm Clock – a great way to improve sleep habits, a wake-up clock let’s you set and stick to a bedtime, wakes you up gently with simulated sunlight, and plays natural sounds instead of a jarring beep or ring. From our research, Phillips is the way to go, but if you’d like to check out your options, check out this article from Health.com.
3. Meal Prep Necessities
Are you or is someone you know trying to adopt a lifestyle of healthy eating? If the answer is yes, the following meal prep tools are essential to successful weight management.
- Food Scale
- Measuring Tools
- Lunch bag
- Book of Healthy Recipes
- Food Tracking Journal
- Meal Planning & Prep Guide
Pro Tip: Go in with a friend and create the Ultimate Meal Prep Gift Set with all of these items.
4. DIY Workout Travel Kit
Got a friend or loved one who is constantly flying or on-the-road? Chances are good that they have limited time to haul themselves to the gym. Bring the gym to them with a DIY Workout Kit. A few things you may want to include are:
- Jump Rope
- Resistance Bands or Suspension Trainer
- Workout Cards
- Mini Massage Roller
- Hair Ties
- Body Cleansing Wipes
Put it altogether in a gym bag. We like this one from FancyOut because it has plenty of space, compartments for shoes and waterbottle, and fun prints (if you choose!)
5. Health & Fitness Services or Membership
When it comes to our personal fitness, some of us need a little nudge to get us moving in the right direction. The following services can help us achieve our goals more quickly.
- Nutrition Coaching – learn what to eat and how to consistently make good food choices, without feeling hungry all the time. It’s essential for body fat loss. Plus, you have the a coach who is available for you in case you have questions or hit any blips. Click here to learn more about our flagship nutrition, fitness, and mindset program Thrive In 35.
- Gym Membership or Personal Training – a consistent routine of strength training with cardio peppered in is the best way to sculpt and tone your muscles so you achieve the lean body that you want. The best way to stay accountable is to make an investment. A membership or training package is a great way to do that.
- Facial or Massage – There’s nothing like a little pampering to help us relieve stress and relax. Purchase a gift certificate to the nearest spa or book a sports massage with a local, reputable therapist.
- Entry to a Race of Choice – Most people consider it an achievement to run their first race or to level up to the next distance (i.e. from 5k to 10k or 10k t half marathon). Purchase a ticket for you and your loved one as a gift to yourself and to them! It will give you both the push you need to take your training up a notch.
Which ones will you add to YOUR list and which ones will you purchase for a friend or family member? Let us know below!
Stronger for Today,
The Method3 Fitness Team
Did you like this blog? Make sure to LIKE and SHARE it with your network. Questions? Thoughts? Leave a comment below.
The Method3 Fitness blog is updated weekly. All content is designed to improve the way you move, eat, and think so you can achieve your goals and live stronger for today. Check back here each week and LIKE our Fan Page, to stay up to date on the latest tips, strategies and methods to get fit, lose fat, and build confidence. Ready to get started with us? Click here for a complimentary goal strategy session!