Need a hearty and delicious soup to add to your winter collection? Try this delicious recipe for Greek Lemon Chicken Soup. It provides that perfect balance of savory and tart and is jam packed wih nutrients that will help to keep you and your family healthy this winter.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken, Shredded (Optional)
- 6 Cups Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Whole Wheat Orzo
- 3/4 Cup Carrots Cubed
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Dill Chopped
1. Place the oil, carrots, and onion into a Dutch oven or large saucepan, on medium to high heat. Saute until soft.
2. Add the garlic and red pepper. Cook for 1 minute, then add the chicken stock.
3. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
4. Add the orzo and cook for 6-7 minutes or until the consistency is al dente.
5. While the orzo is cooking, in a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and lemon juice until it is nice and frothy.
6. Slowly add 1 cup of the heating chicken stock mixture to the lemon and eggs while stirring (to maintain the consistency of the eggs).
7. Add the egg mixture to the saucepan/dutch oven. Stir and reduce the heat to medium/low.
8. Add the chicken and the other remaining ingredients and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Stronger for Today.
The Method3 Fitness Team
Did you like this blog? Be sure to LIKE, LEAVE A COMMENT, and SHARE it on your favorite channel! Need some ideas for quick and healthy meals? Click here to snag our e-book “10 Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes or Less.”
The Method3 Fitness blog is updated weekly. All content is designed to improve the way you move, eat, and think so you can achieve your goals and live stronger for today. Check back here each week and LIKE our Fan Page, to stay up to date on the latest tips, strategies and methods to get fit, lose fat, and build confidence. Ready to get started with us? Click here for a complimentary goal strategy session!