Did you know that 95% of people just quit too soon??
After 16 years in the fitness industry (and a plethora of more years when you combine the experience of all of our team) I realize more and more that success comes to those who simply don’t quit and who show up consistently. There’s no magic bullet that guarantees health, fitness, weight loss, etc…
But it’s tough for people these days because there is a lot of noise in the health and fitness world.
- “Eat this way, NO, eat that way.”
- “Workout like this! No workout like this!”
Regardless of how people choose to eat or workout, the #1 thing that their habits need to be is SUSTAINABLE.
How do they find this sustainability? Yes there is some trial and error and experiments on what will work for them. But the MOST important thing that helps them breed this sustainability is dogged determination and discipline. They just showed up….some days better than others but they showed up and did the best they could with their fitness, their nutrition, and their mindset.
Oh and they didn’t compare themselves and their progress to others and let it get them down because let’s face it… comparison can be the thief of joy.
Here are five things you can work on now to start building the confidence, freedom, and vitality you desire:
1. Don’t quit! – Setbacks and failures are temporary and provide room for reflection…and they always have some positive aspects too. 🙂 Quitting, on the other hand, gets you nowhere….fast.
2. Show up consistently….no matter what – That doesn’t have to mean 7 workouts a week. Start where you are and progress from there.
3. Get support and accountability – friends, family, coaches. Anyone and everyone can help and the more people you enlist the better.
4. Do the uncomfortable things that 95% of people are unwilling to do – “I love meal prep!”….said no one ever. LOL. And yet meal prep and packing a lunch can single-handedly put you on the path to health and fitness success.
5. Believe and trust in yourself – The truth is you CAN do this. Don’t let doubt or any other limiting belief get in your way. MAKE your way instead.
I hope you found this to be useful on your journey and thank you for reading.
If you have a minute I’d LOVE for you to share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section below.
Live Stronger For Today,
Chief Motivator, Method3 Fitness