Having a hard time getting your daily amount of vegetables in? Try these delicious kabobs. They have a delicious flavor and will make eating those vegetables something you want to do!
Cooking vegetables kabob-style, is a great way to use whatever you are growing in your garden, or what is available at your local farmers market. If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for about 15 minutes before grilling — this will prevent them from burning — or use metal skewers. For fresh herbs try basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, Italian parsley or whatever combination you have on hand. The vegetables can be served on the skewers as a side dish with grilled meat and some basmati rice.
- 4 wooden skewers or 4 metal skewers
- 4 zucchini
- 4 yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 2 green peppers
- Your favorite fresh herbs
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. balsamic vinegar
- Soak the skewers in water for about 15 minutes, just before grilling.
- While waiting, slice the zucchini and squash in ¼-inch thick rounds; be sure they are thick enough to slide onto the skewer without falling apart.
- Peel the onion and cut into chunks, then separate the pieces into the right size and shape for your skewers.
- Slice the green peppers into bite-size pieces.
- Chop the herbs finely.
- When the skewers are ready, remove them from the water and thread the vegetables onto the skewers. Alternate zucchini, squash, onion and peppers to make the skewers colorful and pretty. Lay the skewers on a tray or cookie sheet.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Brush the vegetables lightly on both sides with oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle the herbs on both sides of the vegetables.
- Lay the kebobs on the grill, turning several times, for approximately 10 minutes on each side. You will know they are ready when they are slightly charred and tender.
I hope you found this to be useful on your journey and thank you for reading.
If you have a minute I’d LOVE for you to share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section below.
Live Stronger For Today,
Chief Motivator, Method3 Fitness
Need More Workout & Nutrition Guidance?
All of our content is designed to improve the way you move, eat, and think so you can achieve your goals and live stronger for today. Check back here each week and LIKE our Fan Page, to stay up to date on the latest tips, strategies and methods to get fit, lose fat, and build confidence. Ready to get started with us? Click here to get a free week of workouts!